The top was finished by Sunday evening, yesterday I figured out and cut the pieces for the back, and by noon today I had finished the piecing of the back, which used up most of the fabric I had left. I'm planning to use a flannel sheet inside, and will buy that soon and then get started on the quilting; the plan is to quilt it by hand, which I like doing (though I'm not an expert by any means,) and I prefer the way it looks to machine-quilting, but it does take a long time. The rows will NOT be close together!
I took a number of shortcuts: this is not a quilt-contest sort of project (nor are any of my textile projects, for that matter.) But it will be on a bed this winter and being used, rather than sitting unfinished in a box, and that's great, especially since the first snow has fallen in Montreal and we woke this morning to yesterday's icy slush, now frozen hard. When winter finally arrives, it sure settles in to stay.